|At Brisbane City Celebrants offer ‘legals only’ weddings to couples that simply want to be married without having a traditional wedding ceremony, or a large group of guests.
Given that this service includes simply the minimal legal wording, instead of a fully personalised ceremony, we are able to offer this service at a reduced rate.
Legals only weddings are perfect for:
– Couples that are having their ‘wedding’ overseas but would like the legalities of their marriage to take place in Australia to simplify the process of their overseas ‘wedding’ (the overseas wedding being a non-legal commitment ceremony) and to ease the process of having their marriage recognised in Australia and changing last name through marriage.
– Anyone that would like to simply be married without the bells and whistles of a wedding or a traditional ceremony;
– Couples on fiancé visa’s that simply want to be married without the big wedding or any fuss;
– Couples who would like to be married in secret at this stage, in a relaxed stress-free ceremony, and perhaps announce it to their friends and family later;
– Couples who are bringing their planned marriage date forward as they need to be married for visa purposes, e.g. applying for an overseas visa that requires you to be married, so they would like to be married as soon as possible;
– Couples that would love to simply be married and are in need of a budget wedding or cheap wedding option now, perhaps with the intent to throw a vow renewals party a few years down the track.
If this sounds like what you are looking for Contact Brisbane City Celebrants for more information and to confirm availability for your special day.
Please Note: Your marriage can take place anytime from 1 month after the date we meet.
This is because the official marriage paperwork known as the NOIM form (Notice Of Intended Marrriage form) must be completed and signed in our presence, and lodged with us (the Celebrant) no less than 1 calendar month before the date of your marriage.
How much is a Legals only wedding?
As the requirements of couples choosing our ‘Legals only’ option varies so much, we quote based on each couples requested marriage location, requirements and inclusions.
The information outlined here is for our most basic (and cheapest!) option. Contact Brisbane City Celebrants or call/ SMS Jamie on 0433 774 789 for more information and for a quote for your short and simple legals only marriage.
What’s included in a Legals Only wedding?
A non ceremony ‘legals only’ marriage includes:
– All legal marriage paperwork
– Marriage can take place where ever you like, however alternative locations to the suggested ‘legals only locations’ listed below may incur an additional fee, quoted upon request.
– 2 witnesses are required to officially witness your marriage, you can invite 2 people along to attend/ witness your marriage or we may be able to assist with providing 1 or possibly 2 witnesses if need be.
Many of our eloping and ‘legals only marriage’ couples hire a professional photographer who can also double as a witness.
– This includes a very short legal ceremony and you have the option of writing your own vows to each other and exchanging rings if you wish.
– Upon confirmation of your booking, we can provide you with a vow writing worksheet to assist you if you choose to write your own vows to each other. You will be provided with a copy of your legals only wedding wording so you know exactly what to expect on the day.
– We can provide a signing table if required.
– After your marriage has taken place you will be provided with confirmation that your marriage documents have been lodged with BDM QLD (the department that registers your marriage) and we will provide you with information on receiving your registry issued marriage certificate and guidance and a check list on changing your name through marriage.
If you are intending on inviting more than 8 guests or would like your marriage to take place elsewhere additional costs may apply.
Note: Ceremony music, microphone and a personalised ceremony is not included in our basic ‘legals only’ package. If you require these services, we can quote upon request. For all personalised ceremonies our standard Celebrant fee applies, Contact Brisbane City Celebrants for more information.
Where can my ‘Legals Only’ wedding take place?
Your marriage can take place where ever you like. We have included some suggested locations below which are included in our standard ‘Legals Only’ fee. An additional fee may apply for alternative locations.
Brisbane Botanic Gardens- Mt Coot-tha
New Farm Park
Private Property Elopements
The loved up duo in the wedding highlight film below enjoyed a legals only style elopement ceremony at the Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens, and we just love how Memories Film represented their long distance relationship in their beautiful wedding film.
The happy couple rated Jamie 5 stars and had this to say:
“5 STARS – working with Jamie was such a breeze. He helped us with all the document preparation in the lead up to our wedding, and also on the day. If we had a question, we always received a quick response. We had a small elopement with just the 2 of us and our witnesses. But really, no event is too big or small for for him. 5 stars just don’t do him justice “
Lisa & Ricky – Mt Coot-tha Botanic Gardens Wedding with Jamie Eastgate – Brisbane City Celebrants.
If a legals only wedding sounds like what you are looking for Contact Brisbane City Celebrants for more information and to confirm availability for your special day. We would love to hear from you!